The consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry faces a crowded competitive environment in which consumers increasingly look for low price to make their buying decisions. At retail shelf space is at a premium with supply expected to arrive just in time to meet consumer demand. Innovation becomes a key driver for new product development. The role of the supplier has changed to one where key product innovation comes from the collaborative environment that includes a common sharing of information among supply chain partners. CPG companies must be able to satisfy regulatory requirements of various countries across the globe, to make rapid change to respond to regulations, and to support product claims such as that the product is ‘organic’ or ‘green’, while simultaneously addressing evolving carbon standards that impact logistics. As consumer demands change, a shortened product development cycle is essential to create the products that satisfy time sensitive requirements for product, packaging, display, and promotion. Research has shown that adoption of an effective PLM solution results in double digit improvements in product revenue and costs.
Why EdgeAX PLM
- Visionet Systems’ enterprise level PLM solution, EdgeAX PLM leverages the unique power of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and helps to alleviate CPG Industry challenges with simplicity of use and increased productivity.
- With the added value of integrated Supply Chain Management (SCM) and collaborative Vendor Portal capabilities, EdgeAX Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution comprehensively covers the industry grade best practices that help the CPG companies to gain the lost competitive edge and stay ahead of the tide.
- EdgeAX PLM for the CPG industry comes with a complete suite of features addressing every stage of product lifecycle starting from the concept to the commercialization of the product including providing business insights to the stake holders with the reporting capabilities for an effective business success.
- EdgeAX PLM provides a 360-degree approach towards the planning, design, development and sourcing of products. Its management features offer quantum leaps for the introduction and revision of existing brands/products while facilitating business collaboration with vendors, anywhere in the world.
EdgeAX PLM for CPG Features
Program & Project Management
- EdgeAX PLM enables the cross-functional management of product development leveraging program management capabilities to optimize results across all projects.
- EdgeAX PLM automates & manages critical information related to product design, development, global product specifications, packaging specifications, and labeling instructions.
- Product developers can search for an existing product specification or product instead so as to reuse product knowledge.
- Enables the design, optimization and value engineering of formulations
Packaging & Artwork
- Maintains packaging and artwork specifications in digital format via PLM allows for rapid review and authorization of product changes
- EdgeAX PLM provides the framework to collaborate with vendors and manage sourcing relationships as needed. Product sourcing features includes RFQ management, costing, sample management and quality management.
- EdgeAX PLM enables the exchange of product data such as requirements, specifications and compliance information between the CPG Company and its vendors with the effective use of its vendor portal.
Exclusive Features of EdgeAX PLM for CPG Industry
|PROGRAM MANAGEMENT||PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS|
|Concepts||Images & Tech Drawings|
|Project Feasibility Discussion Sheets||Specifications Creation|
|Calendar Management||FORMULA MANAGEMENT|
|Program Bulletin Board|
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT||PRODUCT SOURCING|
|Product Extensions||Requests for Quote|
|Product Revisions||Quality Management|
|Packaging Components||Vendor Portal|
|Deals & Prepacks||GENERAL CAPABILITIES|
|Raw Materials||Native Dynamics 365 Integration|
|Bills of Material||Reporting|
|Ingredient and Color Additive Labeling Instructions||Dynamics 365 Workflows|